A step-by-step guide to sending and tracking FedEx packages with EasyPost
If you want to use EasyPost to send and track packages with FedEx, you'll need to integrate your FedEx carrier account with EasyPost. There are four pieces of information we need to get started:
- FedEx Account Number
- Production Meter Number
- FedEx Access Key
- FedEx Access Key Password
The first thing we need is your FedEx Account Number. This can be found after you login, on My Profile > Account Management:
Next, you will need to get your Production Meter Number, Access Key and Access Key Password:
- Head over to the FedEx Developer Resource Centeropens in new tab
- Click FedEx Office Web Services
- For production credentials, click on "Move to Production"
- Then click on "Get Production Key" and follow the prompts in the browser
- You will need to fill out the FedEx registration form before you can get your FedEx Meter Number. Below is the set of answers you will most likely be using:
- Do you intend to resell your software? No
- Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Corporate Developer
- Accept the license agreements and then fill out your contact information. Be sure to use a valid address and phone number. If you're in the US, it will be "US and Global".
- Once you've completed these processes, your full credentials will be provided via a page that FedEx brings you to. Here, you will find your Authentication Key and Meter Number.
- You will also receive an email that contains the Password to paste into EasyPost Please do not send anyone--including EasyPost--your Password or Authentication (Access) Key over email. You'll need the information from both the FedEx website and email in order to accurately fill out the entire set of credentials.
Now that you have all of the necessary credentials, enter them into EasyPost.
- With those credentials, go to your EasyPost Carrier Accounts and find 'FedEx' in the list of our carriers:
- Fill out the top of the form for FedEx. Your EasyPost “FedEx Production Access Key” is the Authentication Key in Step 7. Your “Production Access Key Password” is the “Password” found in the email in Step 8. Providing FedEx test credentials is optional for creating production labels. If you'd like to run a test, follow the prompts in Step 3 to obtain "Test and Develop" credentials. Click “Create” to complete adding your FedEx account to EasyPost.
You may be required to go through FedEx's certification processopens in new tab to purchase production labels.