What are the charges for using a free Developer Plan account?
Our Developer plan is designed to be a completely free option to help lower volume users (i.e. below 120,000 annually) get started with our simple shipping platform. However, there are certain situations where we assess a fee to either recoup our costs or discourage abuse. These are:
- Using the labels beyond 10,000 free parcels per month results in an overage charge of 5 cents per label.
- Using the trackers API beyond the number of labels purchased which results in a 2 cents fee per tracker.
- Using the address verification API beyond the number of labels purchased which results in a 2 cents fee per domestic verification and a 4 cents fee per international verification.
- Creating and rating shipments in excess of 3x the number of labels purchased, results in an overage charge of 2 cents fee per additional shipment created.
- Loading wallets from a credit card which results in a 3% convenience fee deducted from the amount loaded. This fee can be avoided by loading wallets via ACH.
- Using the SmartRate API in excess of 500 total calls which results in a 3 cents fee per SmartRate call.
Customers who opt to purchase an Enterprise subscription are eligible to receive a credit for any overage fees paid for labels, trackers, rating, address verification or SmartRate, incurred by their previous full calendar month of API usage.