How Do I Get a FedEx Meter Number?
by Jarrett Streebin
A FedEx Meter Number is an identification number FedEx uses to pull your negotiated rates. EasyPost uses Meter Numbers to ensure that we return your negotiated rates correctly. If you have a FedEx account, this is how you generate the meter number:
- Log in to your FedEx account at the FedEx Developer Resource Center: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- You will need to click on the Move to Production link first, and then, on the left menu click on FedEx Web Services.
- Scroll down until you see the Get Production Key link
- You will need to fill out the FedEx registration form before you can get your FedEx Meter Number. Below is the set of answers you will most likely be using:
Do you intend to resell your software? No
Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: Select the "FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)" option.
Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Corporate Developer
- Accept the terms of service.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Continue through the Developer Info page, and then get your Meter Number on the 5th and final step.
- You now have a FedEx Meter Number! Go to your EasyPost Account and enable your FedEx account. You will now see your rates in production mode!