How Do I Get a FedEx Meter Number?
by Jarrett Streebin
A FedEx Meter Number is an identification number FedEx uses to pull your negotiated rates. EasyPost uses Meter Numbers to ensure that we return your negotiated rates correctly. If you have a FedEx account, this is how you generate the meter number:
- Log in to your FedEx account at the FedEx Developer Resource Center: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- You will need to click on the Move to Production link first, and then, on the left menu click on FedEx Web Services.
- Scroll down until you see the Get Production Key link
You will need to fill out the FedEx registration form before you can get your FedEx Meter Number. Below is the set of answers you will most likely be using:
Do you intend to resell your software? No
Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: Select the "FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)" option.
Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Corporate Developer
- Accept the terms of service.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Continue through the Developer Info page, and then get your Meter Number on the 5th and final step.
- You now have a FedEx Meter Number! Go to your EasyPost Account and enable your FedEx account. You will now see your rates in production mode!