How Do I Get a FedEx Meter Number?
by Jarrett Streebin
June 14, 2013
A FedEx Meter Number is an identification number FedEx uses to pull your negotiated rates. EasyPost uses FedEx Meter Numbers to ensure that we return your negotiated rates with FedEx correctly. If you have a FedEx account, you can generate your Meter Number by following some easy steps:
- Sign in to your FedEx account at the FedEx developer Resource Center: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- On the left menu click the FedEx Web Services link. This is in a nested menu, so you will need to click on the Move to Productionlink first.
- Scroll down until you see the Get Production Keylink. Click on this link.
- You will need to fill out the FedEx registration form before you can get your FedEx Meter Number. Below is the set of answers you will most likely be using:
Do you intend to resell your software?No
Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: Select the "FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)" option.
Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Corporate Developer
- Accept the terms of service.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Continue through the Developer Info page, and then get your Meter Number on the 5th and final step.
- You now have a FedEx Meter Number! Go to your EasyPost Account and enable your FedEx account. After that you will start to see your negotiated rates in production mode!
You may be required to go through FedEx's certification process to purchase production labels. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on the certification process.
— Updated on 3/27/2014