EasyPost integrates with WooCommerce
by Jarrett Streebin
EasyPost is excited to announce an integration into allowing ecommerce stores to print labels within the WooCommerce platform. For those not familiar with WooCommerce, it is an open-source shopping cart and ecommerce tool for WordPress used by tens of thousands of ecommerce stores.
EasyPost is a simple shipping API that allows you to integrate multiple carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS) into your store or app through one RESTful API. It also comes with advanced features like address verification, shipping rate lookup, tracking packages and generating shipping labels that can all be done with just one API call.
WooCommerce users can now sell and ship items without going through the multiple steps required to integrate just USPS (or any other carrier) into their shopping cart (as shown ). This is great for users who don't want to spend time waiting for an API key from USPS then building a rather complex integration to look up shipping rates and print labels.
Guide to Integrating EasyPost in WooCommerce
- Download and install the EasyShipper plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to the WooCommerce settings page.
- Go to the shipping page.
- Select "EasyShipper" and check the Enable/Disable checkbox.
- (if you don't already have one).
- Enter the settings you would like to use for your shipping.
- Enter the dimensions of the products. We use this to determine how to ship the products you'll be sending customers.