Get Caught Up on the October Episodes of Unboxing Logistics
by Jaidyn Farar
Halloween comes and goes, but you can enjoy the October episodes of Unboxing Logistics all year round! Tune in to learn more about supplier relationships, the shipper’s market, and cybersecurity in ecommerce.
Building Better Supplier Relationships w/ Jill Barron
Before joined as a practice lead for supply chain operations and strategy, she spent years managing supplier relationships at a luxury retailer. In this episode, she shares some of her hard-earned knowledge with the Unboxing Logistics community.
Jill and Lori discuss:
- How (and why) to set expectations with suppliers
- Communication strategies, including regular check-ins and site visits
- What to do when suppliers don’t follow guidelines
Taking Advantage of a Shipper’s Market w/ Tyler Diestel
Tyler and Lori discuss:
- Reasons shippers have more negotiating power now
- How to use goals to guide your shipping strategy
- Why it’s a good idea to lock in rates during a shipper’s market
Ecommerce Cybersecurity Strategies w/ Iskander Sanchez-Rola
Happy (late) Cybersecurity Awareness Month! For the last Unboxing Logistics episode of October, joined Lori to discuss the importance of cybersecurity in ecommerce. As director of privacy innovation at (parent company to Norton), Iskander has seen it all—and he knows that danger can lurk beneath the surface when it comes to the web.
Iskander and Lori discuss:
- Cybersecurity concerns for ecommerce businesses and consumers
- The dangers of cookie ghostwriting
- How to ensure your website preserves user privacy
What’s ahead …
November has great things in store! Make sure to catch our upcoming episodes on sustainability, small business support, omnichannel logistics, consolidated shipping, and more.