The Top 10 EasyPost Blogs of 2023
by Jaidyn Farar
And just like that, 2023 is two weeks behind us—and getting further away with every minute. As we move into a new year, it’s worth taking some time to reflect on what matters most. Did you achieve your goals last year? What ups and downs did you face? How did you grow in a personal and professional capacity?
And most importantly, how many EasyPost blogs did you read?
Okay, maybe that last question isn’t as important as the rest. But in the spirit of reflection, we decided to list the top 10 most popular EasyPost blog posts of 2023. These were our most-read articles, and they cover everything from USPS overnight shipping to peak season surcharges.
Read on to learn which blog posts supply chain professionals and ecommerce business owners found most helpful in 2023.
1. USPS Overnight Shipping: Prices, Features, & More
Last year, delivery speed and reliability were at the forefront of many organizations’ logistics concerns. This blog speaks to that concern by taking a deep dive into USPS Priority Mail Express®. It lays out the various features, pricing options, and guarantees associated with USPS overnight shipping, explaining how to take advantage of the service.
Since USPS Priority Mail Express isn’t going anywhere in 2024, make sure to check out the full article for a refresher. For now, these highlights should help you understand the basics.
- USPS Priority Mail Express provides fast and convenient shipping options, including next-day, 2-day, and international delivery.
- Features include a money-back guarantee, Sunday/holiday delivery (for an extra fee), free tracking, up to $100 insurance, and proof of delivery.
- Pricing varies based on weight, distance, and flat rate options.
From the article: “If you're in need of a fast and reliable shipping option, USPS overnight shipping—also known as Priority Mail Express—is a great choice.”
2. Shipping Abbreviations and Terminology You Need To Know
It’s no secret—logistics gets really complicated, really quickly. As in any industry, you’ll encounter jargon and acronyms galore, and parsing through everything might feel like a never-ending battle.
That’s probably why this article was the second-most popular one in 2023. It offers a comprehensive breakdown of essential shipping abbreviations and freight terms, serving as a valuable resource for anyone wanting to understand supply chain processes better.
Need a handy reference for making sense of shipping terminology? Look no further! By the time you finish, you’ll be able to throw terms like BOL, D2D, and LTL around with the best of them.
From the article: “In the world of shipping and logistics, there are a bounty of confusing terms, abbreviations, and acronyms. But getting your products to your customers shouldn't be rocket science!”
3. FedEx Overnight: Drop-off and Delivery Times
Clearly, mastering super-fast shipping was a top priority for logistics professionals in 2023. Just like our number one article, the third in line focuses on overnight shipping. From unraveling the secrets of drop-off times to addressing common pain points, this article offers information and advice to help you use FedEx Overnight shipping effectively.
Let’s take a look at some key details:
- Three main services—First Overnight®, Priority Overnight®, and Standard Overnight®—offer different delivery time frames to suit various business needs.
- Drop-off times vary, with Standard Overnight aiming for delivery by 3:00 PM to businesses and 8:00 PM to residences.
- Costs depend on factors like service type, weight, dimensions, and destination. Explore options like FedEx One Rate® and rate calculators for accurate cost estimation.
From the article: “Overnight shipping has become a crucial component for businesses looking to improve customer satisfaction and streamline their supply chain.”
4. How To Get Free Shipping Labels
Let’s be honest: any article that explains how to get something for free is going to be popular. Who doesn’t want to access a valuable product or service without paying a cent?
In the logistics landscape, cutting costs is especially important. With shipping costs rising, ecommerce businesses are doing everything they can to save money (and pass those savings down to customers).
5. How To Ship Products to Customers: A Step-by-Step Guide
For everyone curious about how to build a foundational shipping strategy in 2023, this article delivered (pun intended). From choosing carriers to determining fulfillment strategies and utilizing , it covers pretty much everything you need to know to ship products to customers.
It's a great guide for anyone navigating the complexities of ecommerce shipping. You can expect to learn about the following:
- Why it’s important to consider shipping costs and employ strategies like free shipping, real-time carrier rates, and flat rates.
- How to choose shipping carriers based on reliability, availability, cost, size/weight, distance, delivery times, insurance, and tracking.
- Determining a fulfillment strategy based on budget, product characteristics, and customer base.
From the article: “With the proper planning and resources, you can ensure that you're securely and efficiently shipping your products to your customers on time and in good shape.”
6. What Is USPS Presort? (And Should I Be Using It?)
While the EasyPost blog generally focuses on parcel shipping, we can’t forget that many businesses send a lot of mail. If you fall into that category, hopefully you read this article last year to figure out how to save money sending things like postcards and marketing mailers.
If not, you can get a crash course here:
- USPS Presort is a discount program for those who sort their mail before sending it to USPS, offering discounts based on service level, mail shape, and weight.
- Eligible mail types include postcards, marketing mailers, statements, bills, letters, and personalized correspondence.
- Businesses with extensive mailing lists can benefit from significant savings, while those with sporadic mailings might not see substantial advantages.
From the article: “If you're sending at least 5,000 mailers a year, USPS Presort can significantly slash your annual postage bill.”
7. Upcoming USPS Price and Service Changes in July 2023
Whether you’re shipping small or large volumes, every cent counts. So when shipping costs change, we like to send out an update. This article not only outlines some upcoming adjustments to USPS pricing but also introduces new mail classes and service updates.
In a nutshell, USPS implemented price and service changes starting July 9th, 2023, approved by the Postal Regulatory Commission. The changes include adjustments to rates, the introduction of a new mail class (USPS Ground Advantage®), updates to Priority Mail Express Return Service, reduced coverage limits for Domestic Registered Mail, and new Hazardous Material identification requirements.
From the article: “If you’re part of the shipping industry, you know change is our only constant! Yep—new rates and service changes for USPS are coming once again.”
To stay on top of future carrier pricing and service updates, make sure to bookmark the blog!
8. How To Calculate the Operational Costs Behind Your Product
As the economy fluctuated throughout 2023 and businesses grappled with rising labor costs and supply chain disruptions, it became even more critical to measure and reduce costs. This guide breaks down major cost centers like shipping, labor, storage, and supplies. As you continue to seek cost-effective strategies in 2024, it remains an excellent reference for accurate operational cost calculations.
You’ll find practical strategies for measuring costs related to shipping, labor, storage, and supplies.
From the article: “Knowing the actual cost of fulfillment—shipping, labor, storage, and supplies—gives you priceless knowledge when determining the operational model of your business. If you go internal, you’ll know how much it should cost. If you decide to outsource, you’ll be in a better place to negotiate prices.”
9. 2023 Peak Season Surcharges for USPS, UPS, and FedEx
It’s no surprise that this article made it into the top 10. As business owners and logistics professionals prepare for peak season volumes, they need to forecast shipping costs. And that means taking into account the demand fees carriers charge during their busiest time of the year.
The article lists the peak season surcharges for USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
While the 2023 article might not be of much use anymore, never fear—we do this every year! As the 2024 peak season approaches, we’ll compile the surcharges of the three major carriers so you can find all the information you need in one place.
From the article: “As you choose carriers and forecast shipping costs, don’t forget to factor in peak season surcharges.”
10. Cheapest Ways To Ship Packages
Last but not least, blog readers last year were interested in the most affordable way to ship packages. This article didn’t disappoint; in addition to providing insights into the pros and cons of major carriers, it reviews the major factors affecting shipping costs and provides tips on choosing the most cost-effective options.
From the article: “Whether you work in ecommerce or you're an everyday person looking to send a package, shipping expenses can add up if you're not careful. But there are ways to ship cheaply—you just have to know where to look.”
Make sure to stick around in 2024
And there you have it—the top 10 most popular blogs of 2023. To make sure you never miss an update, remember to bookmark . We publish new articles every week to help you optimize your shipping strategy, learn about carrier updates, and stay immersed in the world of shipping and logistics.